Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day



For Father's Day, I decided to cook one of Emo's favorite foods - beef ribs. I know how to cook pork shortribs, but not the beef ones. After researching the Internet, I found a decent recipe for slowcooking the ribs in the oven. Things were looking good and I was optimistic....until the very last step. I added the homemade barbecue sauce (my great-grandma's recipe) and set the oven to broil according to the instructions. The sauce was supposed to bubble and carmelize. Unfortunately, I managed to char them (see picture, upper left). Emo was pretty nice about it and said he assumed I had cooked them on the barbecue so he didn't mind the burnt touches. They actually tasted fine under the burnt sauce. Dexter got a little creative with the strawberries on the dessert (see picture, upper right) and turned some of them upside down to honor his dad. Dwayne cooked some corn - sorry, no picture. Looks like another entry in the memorable meals history book. I just hope they remember the taste more than the burnt sauce...

No comments: