Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Surprise Trip

My incredibly wonderful and handsome husband gave me a memorable gift in honor of my graduation. We took a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian. It was our first family vacation in ages and we got to stay with Sharon and see her apartment. The show was AMAZING! I'm really into seeing how things work and all the backstage stuff, so I was absolutely mesmerized by the elaborate set pieces and costumes and how the sets moved and transformed during the show. The only disappointment was that the chandelier did not fall during the performance we attended. Las Vegas has changed and grown a lot since I was last there. I'm happy with all the connections between hotels and the elevated walkways. Unfortunately, the attempt they once made to have a family friendly focus is completely gone. It was fun hanging out with Sharon and getting away from things now that my homework is history. This week has been much more fun after having some time away to relax. Only two more days til graduation...

No comments: