Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Teenagers are messy!

With the Independence Day holiday, we had both boys home all week. Dwayne is working as an intern in the kitchen at Heritage while he is on break. He will be home with us until July 15. It's kind of weird having three of us working at Heritage, but it's nice to see him working. Dexter returned to camp on Sunday. The biggest thing we noticed with the boys home was that the place got messy fast. Nothing ever seems to get put away or thrown away. I think the dogs decided to act like our boys. They managed to find a weak spot in their pen and worked their way out. By the time I found out, the dogs had trampled their way through my garden. More than half of the corn, all the canteloupe and watermelon, and some of the squash is now gone. I managed to forgive the dogs (mostly) and am focusing on what's left of the garden. Things are a little calmer this week. Not as messy with only one kid at home, and the dogs seem to be staying where they're supposed to be.

No comments: