Dexter is in his junior year at Provo High School. He won the part of Pharaoh as well as one of the brothers in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," which is being performed in November. He has a job at Papa John's Pizza and is trying to earn enough money ($1,500!) for his choir tour to New York. They have been invited to sing at Carnegie Hall!!! I have been selected as one of the chaperones and need to come up with my own $1,500 (donations welcome...). Dexter is pretty busy and usually tired and sore from all the rehearsals and pizza making.
Dwayne graduated from Job Corps and is back at home with us. He is working as a cook at Heritage and is making a nice wage. He invested his paycheck in some new furniture and rearranged his and Dexter's bedroom. His latest investment was in a scooter so he doesn't have to keep asking us for rides. He'll probably have to park it once the roads get icey.
Emerson is still working as the weightlifting teacher at Heritage and is in the home stretch of his special education certification. He helped backstage for this year's play at Heritage and had fun moving mountains and other scenery.
I'm staying plenty busy, as usual. At work I had the performing arts center grand opening to deal with in July, then the usual chaos of the annual play (and rehearsals) in August and September. We had a 5K walk/run that I was in charge of in early October as well as the retirement party for our founder and now former CEO. It has been chaotic at work and my office is evidence of that. I am also serving as the choir booster secretary at Dexter's high school. The good thing is that gave me an edge in getting selected as a tour chaperone. The UVU Powwow is coming up and I'm on the organizing committee for that. I'm in charge of registration an
d judging. I just applied for what looks like a good job at BYU. It would be a great opportunity for growth and I hope I at least get called in for an interview. The cool thing is that my boss at Heritage is very supportive and wants what's best for me. We'll see where I end up in a few weeks or so. I did get nominated by the Chamber of Commerce for the Athena Award. It's for professional women who serve the community and I even got an engraved clock just for being a nominee.One of our dogs, Slash, is no longer with us. He got out of his pen and was hit by a moving van on 300 South. We thought he was just lost, but the mailman saw our posters and told us he witnessed the accident. We never got to say goodbye to Slash and my heart still aches for him. He brought peace, love, and sanity to my life in a way that's hard to understand if you're not into pets. Scout, our other dog, misses him terribly. We got another beagle, Snickers, who is 4 months old, but we probably won't keep him. He is driving us all crazy because his previous owners spoiled him. Emerson is trying hard to get me a new beagle puppy to call my own, but we may have to wait awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment