
Sharon came to celebrate Thanksgiving with us this year. Since Dwayne had to be at work by 1 pm, we decided to eat at noon. Thanksgiving is the only day I really enjoy cooking and that's only because it's the only time people really seem to like my cooking. It's so rewarding!! The food turned out fine and no disasters to add to my list of cooking horror stories.
Black Friday was mellow by comparison to previous years. We hit JC Penney at 4 am to get the free Disney snow globe ornament and then traveled to WalMart for the 5 am sale. We usually avoid WalMart on Black Friday, but we got brave this year. Fortunately, the downturn in the economy kept the crowds to a smaller size. I did finally have to ditch the shopping cart in order to maneuver or else I would have ended up with a full blown panic attack.
Most of us have been enjoying having some time off (other than Dwayne). I'm going to be heading to Phoenix next Friday for an event my boss wants me to attend, so next week will be pretty busy. Dexter has some concerts next week and Emerson is finishing up some of his classes for the special education certification.
No comments:
Post a Comment