These aren't the prettiest of pictures, but this is my foot now that I got my cast off. I had an appointment the morning of Nov. 30 and was happy to have the cast removed. The bones seem to be healing well and I may get to have the pins/rods removed in a couple of weeks. It will be the best Christmas present ever!! You may notice some writing on my foot. They had me write "yes" and my initials on the foot to be operated on so there wouldn't be any mistakes. The doctor put me back in my original boot with some modifications to keep the pins from pressing into the bottom of the boot.
The better part of the day came later. I had my interview as a finalist for the Assistant Dean position at Utah Valley University. First, I went to lunch with the Dean, Associate Dean, and Library Director. Some chitchat and informal interviewing during the lunch. Next, I gave a 30 minute presentation on my amazing skills and experience and how I'm the best person for the job to the faculty of University College (formerly the School of General Academics). A question and answer session followed. The last step was meeting privately with the Dean and Associate Dean for the next hour. It was a fun experience and I feel good about it. Fortunately, my foot didn't bother me during the 4 hour experience. On the way home, the pain was unbearable and we had to make a stop by the doctor's office for help. A few more modifications to the boot made things better. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks to find out if I get the job. It's an amazing opportunity and I will be absolutely crushed if I'm not selected.Emerson's continuing his job search. The jobs in his field just aren't showing up anywhere. He's been taking great care of me in the mean time. I just hope something will turn up for him soon. He's preparing for teaching a course at UVU next semester. It's only one class and adjunct pay isn't great, but we're pretty excited about it. If I get the UVU job, he could go for his master's degree and possibly teach more classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment