Sunday, January 03, 2010

Broncos!


I'm sitting alone in my living room (for the first time in months) while Emerson and the boys are in Denver at the Broncos football game.  This was such an amazing gift from Gene and his family and I know how much the guys are enjoying it.  Unfortunately, the game didn't go our way.  I discovered that without the guys here to yell at the tv screen during big plays, I filled in nicely.  It kind of took me by surprise!  I'm going to post some pictures Emerson took with his cell phone. The first few are of their pitstop on the way to Denver.


Then there is a picture as they get ready for the game to start. 

He caught a lovely picture of our boys during the national anthem.  Gotta love the Broncos gloved hand over the heart for Dwayne and the jersey over the winter coat look for Dexter.  Glad to see Dex remembered to bring his glasses so he could see the game better.

Things did not end well for the Broncos and the loss today ended their season - no playoffs.  This was Emerson's "after" picture.  Exactly how I felt too!

Now I'm waiting for them to come home.  It's kind of eerie being here alone.  Reminds me of getting scared of every little noise when my parents left us home alone when I was a kid.  The alone time is kind of nice, though.  I got out my tatting to play with...but managed to mess it up quickly.  I painted my fingernails since nobody was here to complain about the smell.  The dogs proved to be a little too much for me to handle since getting them out to their pen to play is pretty difficult for me still.  Dexter can thank me for washing the dishes he was supposed to do before leaving.
Other than watching the Broncos game, I was able to skip watching football and have been watching "Platinum Weddings" and other fun shows.  Although I would never spend that kind of money on a wedding (I think ours cost about $1,000), I still dream of someday having a vow renewal and living it up a little. I was so nervous at ours that I barely remember the details of the day.  We talked once about doing something like that in Las Vegas, but we'll need to wait until we're on steadier financial footing.  Who knows?  Emerson and I are going to open an Etsy shop soon to sell his beadwork and my tatting or other crafts.  Watch for details soon.

No comments: