Thursday, August 11, 2011

Still Here

Yes, I'm still here.  I get so busy with work and our little business and blog that I just don't get around to this blog much.  In case you haven't been in touch with us enough to know the latest happenings in our house, here goes:
  •  Emerson's job at the middle school ended when the school year did
  • Online sales of our stuff have dropped
  • Dexter moved back home
  • Emerson got a part-time job doing nightwatch (graveyard shift) at a small treatment center
  • I am having the worst time with allergies ever!
  • Weirdest weather ever this summer
  • Dexter got hired on at Vivint for a full-time position
  • I got to stay at Zermatt Resort, eat a fancy dinner, have breakfast, and learn to scuba dive at the Crater for free as part of a Utah bloggers' conference
  • Dwayne lost his job at Teleperformance
  • We set up at some farmers markets this summer to sell our products (got sunburned but didn't get rich)
  • We enjoyed having family up for Independence Day
  • I'm not a fan of the new fireworks laws in Utah allowing a month of late night noisemaking with fireworks
  • Dexter cut his hair (shorter but not terribly short)
  • I'm trying to grow my hair a little longer now
  • Dexter lost his job at Vivint (but he's appealing the decision)
  • Dwayne's car blew a gasket (literally)
  • Emerson got hired as a half-time special education teacher for Lone Peak High School. He has been trying to live through long days of training after working all night at the treatment center.
  • Dwayne found work through a temp agency (for now)
  • Dexter is working on getting ready to go on a mission
  • I continue to look for good job opportunities
  • The boys continue to keep our house messy
  • Gambit has mellowed out more
  • Storm is getting noisier, especially when outside
  • Our neighbors are an absolute blessing to us with all their help in keeping our front yard beautiful
  • Went to see Bill and Tina's new baby, Evelyn, get blessed
  • Still cranking out stuff for our online shop and hoping for a good holiday shopping season this year...

      No comments: