Monday, April 20, 2009
So Sick
I've had a tough time these past few days. My biggest allergy is to cedar and it hit me hard this year. Unfortunately, the aftermath of a bad allergy year is that my sinuses stay messed up and I end up with a sinus infection. I didn't see it coming and it took me down pretty hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a wimp when it comes to getting sick. Most times I can just get some extra sleep and be done with it or at least tough it out in the meantime. There was no way to tough this one out and I remembered how nice it was when I was a kid and Mom was there to tuck us in, clean up the messes, and supply us with 7-up and chicken soup. I don't like being sick as a grown-up since nobody's there to baby me and everyone still wants me to take care of them. Husbands, kids, and dogs don't seem to understand that it's possible for moms to get sick. I felt bad about missing work since there are some projects I'm working on that nobody else can take care of in my absence. Now that I'm feeling better, I'll have to work harder not to get sick again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment