I'm still here, laying on the couch, waiting for my broken bones to heal. It has been an adventure so far. Some days I am determined to do things for myself. Those experiences usually end with me losing my balance, bumping my cast on something, falling off the couch, getting dizzy, and/or landing on my broken foot. Emerson catches/rescues me most of the time.....and reminds me that I should be waiting for him to help me. A couple of days ago I had a job interview for a wonderful job at UVU. It was my first panel interview and my first time being interviewed while being impaired. The weirdest thing was when the head of the committee interviewing me pushed me in my wheelchair to get to the dean's office so I could meet her.
I've been working from home a little bit now and finding it difficult to do much typing while laying down. I can't see the keys well enough and have to fix a lot of typos. Tonight we went to the preview performance of Henry V starring our very own Dexter. Being at the preview (last dress rehearsal) meant a smaller audience and I was able to keep my foot propped up during the show. This weekend is the UVU powwow and I will once again be keeping scores for the dance contests. The only difference this year is that I will be finding a comfy place to set up with my leg up and there will be runners bringing me the judging forms and assisting with other needs.
Our next thing is to gear up for Thanksgiving. Emerson's mom was going to try to come up and I was really looking forward to having her help in the kitchen since I wouldn't be able to do much. Unfortunately, she won't be able to be here. It looks like we are on our own and I am working on generating a shopping list for the guys and a plan for directing everybody in the kitchen to get our meal done on Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment