This week was our play at Heritage, so I had to spend nearly every waking hour at work. Some technical problems led to extra rehearsals and late nights, but the kids in the show did an amazing job and coped with every glitch that happened. My main job during the performances was to take care of the girl playing "Anita." Her anxiety level was off the charts and she needed some personal attention to keep her calm. She had also had problems getting along with some of the other girls (she even punched one), so she had to be with one of the staff at all times. There were times that it was really rewarding to work with her and help her, but there were also some times where I regretting taking on this responsibility.

Because I was busy with the play, I wasn't able to do much with my own kids this week. Dexter had his state drama competition and earned straight "superior" scores in his group scene as well as his solo scene. He didn't have much time to prepare for Saturday's prom, but it looks like it turned out pretty nice. Emerson took pictures at the promenade since I was stuck backstage at
West Side Story. Dexter's girlfriend, Emily, looked ready for the red carpet.

Dwayne and Emerson have been doing the cooking this week and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Cafeteria food at Heritage isn't very satisfying day after day. Emerson's also gearing his UVU class up for their final. It will be sad to see this experience come to an end since Emerson seems perfectly suited for teaching college students.

Weather this week has included rain, snow, sleet, wind, and sun. Emerson turned the soil in my garden and got the backyard into shape (with some help from the boys). I really hope we can get the garden in and that the weather will cooperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment