Monday, March 05, 2012

I might have a job....maybe

Time for another quick update...
Dexter is still in Arizona with his grandma. He might get his crowns for his teeth this week and he's still hoping to get his driver's license. He fluctuates between having a good day and being bored to tears. From what I heard today, he finally took a shower and the water heater broke.

We got our truck back again. It still won't pass emissions and the mechanic says we need to drive it about 100 miles so the sensors will be reset. We're really hoping it works this time. Having both vehicles sure does make things easier on all of us.

Emerson's enjoying his school's success. We watched Lone Peak High School win the 5A state basketball championship this last weekend. It's been a great year with championships in football and basketball this year. The majority of the basketball team also played on the football team - very talented boys! Emerson has been asked to be part of the football coaching staff and there are already football camps he will be going with them to this month.

And back to the title of this post...I've been riding the emotional roller coaster and today was no different.  I heard from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Utah chapter and they had a few more questions for me. They wanted to know if I was up to commuting and if I was considering other jobs. Ironically, those were the very things troubling my mind at the moment. I really do want this job. The cause is dear to my heart and it's the type of work I love. There are two other jobs I've applied for that are closer to home and I would love just as much or more. I hate commuting, but I hate being unemployed even more. I also can't count on anything happening with those other jobs and I don't dare risk losing a great job to the slim possibility that one of those other jobs works out.  They have moved me along in the job application process now and have to do my background check before they can even mention a job offer. Interestingly, I received an email from their HR office with the authorization form for the background check as well as a request to fill out an online employment application. I originally applied through the Career Builder website and they have conducted a phone interview and an interview in person. Then I answered questions for an additional scenario they posed via email and I found out they called Heritage for references for last week. Then this latest phone call with questions and NOW they want me to fill out an employment application? Just weird!  I'm guessing I will hear something by the end of the week.

No comments: