Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm ILLEGAL!

My employer requires annual background checks where we have to fill out a form and provide a copy of our driver's licences. In making a copy of my driver's license, I realized mine expired on my birthday in 2006. Thinking I had just forgotten to put the renewal sticker on my license, I checked with the DMV and found out I truly had expired. Scary! I even had a fender bender a month ago and the officer didn't notice. I could have been in HUGE trouble! Not satisfied with my illegal/expired status, I took the rest of the day off and camped out at the DMV. Since it had been more than six months, I had to take the stupid test. Luckily, it was an open book test and I passed it. I'm sure everyone is relieved that I'm now a legal driver. I'm just happy to have my driver's license before I turn 40 (in 2 days).

1 comment:

Curios George's said...

that is so funny! Mine expired in July and i just got my new one in the mail 3 days ago.