I'm more of a Tetris or Pikmin type when it comes to video games. I can't handle watching very many things on the screen at one time or being under the pressure of time. I'm also severely uncoordinated and can't do all the crazy button combinations that my kids can. I think everyone's familiar with my driving, so you won't be surprised to find out I have even more trouble steering with an overly sensitive joystick on crazy courses while throwing objects and being pummeled by everything my sons are throwing at me. My revenge was that I eventually made them keep racing the same course over and over so I could get the hang of it and I eventually won some races. We stayed up all night and took a quick nap before going to see a movie on New Year's Day. It may be an odd way to celebrate the incoming year, but I had a great time.Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Mario Mom 2008
How do you welcome in the new year when you're 40 years old, have two teenage sons, and you're going into your last day off before launching into full time work and college craziness again?.... You stay up all night playing video games, of course. The boys talked me into playing Mario Kart.
I'm more of a Tetris or Pikmin type when it comes to video games. I can't handle watching very many things on the screen at one time or being under the pressure of time. I'm also severely uncoordinated and can't do all the crazy button combinations that my kids can. I think everyone's familiar with my driving, so you won't be surprised to find out I have even more trouble steering with an overly sensitive joystick on crazy courses while throwing objects and being pummeled by everything my sons are throwing at me. My revenge was that I eventually made them keep racing the same course over and over so I could get the hang of it and I eventually won some races. We stayed up all night and took a quick nap before going to see a movie on New Year's Day. It may be an odd way to celebrate the incoming year, but I had a great time.
I'm more of a Tetris or Pikmin type when it comes to video games. I can't handle watching very many things on the screen at one time or being under the pressure of time. I'm also severely uncoordinated and can't do all the crazy button combinations that my kids can. I think everyone's familiar with my driving, so you won't be surprised to find out I have even more trouble steering with an overly sensitive joystick on crazy courses while throwing objects and being pummeled by everything my sons are throwing at me. My revenge was that I eventually made them keep racing the same course over and over so I could get the hang of it and I eventually won some races. We stayed up all night and took a quick nap before going to see a movie on New Year's Day. It may be an odd way to celebrate the incoming year, but I had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, we went over to a friends house and there were several of us taking turns playing that Rock Band game. We even got Holly to sing Radiohead on there.
Post a Comment