It's sad how families often get so spread out that it takes something tragic to bring them together. We found out on Jan. 30 that our dad was critically ill and in the hospital. I haven't seen my dad in person for 22 years and I haven't talked to him since 1999 when my mom passed away. He has made some poor choices in his lifetime, one of them being to stop communicating with his family. He recently befriended an LDS missionary who let us know where Dad was and how sick he was. I flew out to Bremerton, Washington, (Seattle area) to see him. My brothers and sisters all came to the hospital as well. We've had quite a rollercoaster of emotions with locating our dad after all this time and then not knowing if he will survive. Dad's body is shutting down in many ways and he's not very neurologically aware. He did open his eyes some when we talked to him and tears came out of his eyes when we told him we were there. Only time will tell where this goes from here. The prognosis is not good. I have to fly home tomorrow morning. Rick and Holly headed home tonight. Bill and Tina are here until Tuesday. Kathy will probably go home tomorrow. Sharon is staying as long as necessary and being our spokesperson. A lot of blessings and sadness this weekend.Sunday, February 01, 2009
A Sad Reunion
It's sad how families often get so spread out that it takes something tragic to bring them together. We found out on Jan. 30 that our dad was critically ill and in the hospital. I haven't seen my dad in person for 22 years and I haven't talked to him since 1999 when my mom passed away. He has made some poor choices in his lifetime, one of them being to stop communicating with his family. He recently befriended an LDS missionary who let us know where Dad was and how sick he was. I flew out to Bremerton, Washington, (Seattle area) to see him. My brothers and sisters all came to the hospital as well. We've had quite a rollercoaster of emotions with locating our dad after all this time and then not knowing if he will survive. Dad's body is shutting down in many ways and he's not very neurologically aware. He did open his eyes some when we talked to him and tears came out of his eyes when we told him we were there. Only time will tell where this goes from here. The prognosis is not good. I have to fly home tomorrow morning. Rick and Holly headed home tonight. Bill and Tina are here until Tuesday. Kathy will probably go home tomorrow. Sharon is staying as long as necessary and being our spokesperson. A lot of blessings and sadness this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAAAAAAAAAA! Is it bad to say that I love the pictures of me? They are fantastic and thank you for posting them. So seldom are my pictures just this fun. Especially the one with you, Holly and me sneaking in...
I must put these on my facebook page.
Karen: I am so happy that you and your siblings got to reunite with your father. Family is so important and your comments about forgiveness are so very true. You are a very special lady and I am so happy that I can call you and Emerson my dear friends. Bill Mcd
Post a Comment