Dwayne's job in Chicago took a weird twist and he had to choose between moving to Tampa to finish the summer selling security systems or just go home. He drove back from Chicago and arrived at our house on Friday afternoon, just in time to go on the annual ward campout with us. I decided to bring the dogs camping. Scout went camping with Emerson and Dexter last month, but this was Shadow's first campout. Since I haven't been camping in some time, I was excited to go.
Dexter performed the Elvis classic "Jailhouse Rock" during the talent show. I brought frybread to share for dinner. The dogs seemed to enjoy being out, but my lack of a CPAP machine caused me to keep everyone awake with my snoring.
Dexter is staffing the Timberline Scout camp this week and Dwayne just headed out to Ft. Defiance to visit his grandma. We will have the house to ourselves this week.
In addition to gardening and playing Scrabble against each other online, Emerson and I have been finding other fun things to do. We wander the stores more to find some cool air now that it's so hot. Emerson has been teaching me to ride a scooter and we've had fun riding around and sightseeing.Once Dwayne gets back to Provo again, he will be looking for work and preparing himself to serve a mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment