Yes, I'm still alive. You know this if you watch me on Facebook. Heritage's Christmas play and the rush of some Christmas orders plus making some Christmas presents had me pretty well exhausted.
One of my Christmas presents this year was a new iron. Nothing spectacular about it other than replacing the iron I got in the first year or two of marriage. It got a great workout tonight as I ironed Emerson's 12 dress shirts. His current job as a part time teacher's assistant requires him to dress up more and the dress shirts, pants, and shoes are getting out of the closet finally. The dress shoes have now fallen apart and we had to search for new ones. The shirts are now nicely ironed and he should be good for the next couple of weeks.
Our home teacher is one of the coolest guys in our ward. He is Emerson's age or a few years older, but he acts like a teenage boy sometimes. Our boys have stories they're still afraid to tell us about some of his daredevil stunts. We are happy to have him as a home teacher because he actually cares about us rather than seeing it as an assignment. He brings his son, Adam, who is about to turn 13. In October, they forgot to schedule an appointment with us and decided to drop by on the last Sunday of the month. It happened to be Halloween. For those who haven't lived in Utah, I have to explain that most holidays landing on Sundays end up being celebrated on the day before or the day after in Utah. Christmas is an exception. Since Halloween landed on a Sunday, trick-or-treating happened the day before. Knowing that there might be some kids trick-or-treating on Sunday (especially with our large Hispanic community), I made sure we still had candy just in case. We didn't have anyone show up in costume, but when the Sorensens showed up to visit us, they said "trick or treat" when I opened the door. I gave them candy, of course, and it made me laugh. When they dropped by in December, they also said "trick or treat" just for fun. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment