Friday, January 28, 2011

Yuck!

Everyone around me has been getting sick and I thought I had dodged the worst of it....until it hit me hard this week.  I had fever, aches and pains last week, but now I have the horrible congestion, coughing, sneezing, and sore throat.  This is no run of the mill cold. I wake up barely able to swallow or breathe.  Staying home from work was okay at first, but I also ended up missing the documentary filmed about Heritage's performing arts program.  It's hard to miss something you've really been looking forward to.  The documentary debuted at the LDS Film Festival and was very well-received.  It helped people to see the miracle of the performing arts, the reality of treatment center kids, and what a little courage and faith will do.

Dexter has been battling computer issues at work.  The system hasn't allowed him to log in for weeks and I guess there are huge obstacles to starting a new account for him.  In the mean time, he shows up at work and gets sent home two hours later.  He went from working full time to working hardly at all and he's frustrated.

I managed to undecorate the Christmas tree, but the tree is still up and the box of ornaments is still in the living room.  Part of the obstacle is that the snow and ice has melted enough in the backyard to make it all muddy and mushy and I don't want to trudge through it to store everything.

No comments: