Saturday, December 06, 2008

Anasazi Foundation


The event I attended in Phoenix was for the Anasazi Foundation. They are a wilderness program for at-risk youth and they held a scholarship gala to celebrate 20 years of existence plus raise some money for scholarships. It was very fancy and had quite a few tearful moments telling of the impact their program has had. They had a silent auction with a lot of great items - gift baskets, jewelry, art, autographed sports and music stuff... I'm amazed at the support they have. My boss sent to to see how they run their fundraiser and get some ideas. I also met up with some others in the treatment industry who are hoping to coordinate fundraising efforts. We were treated to music from Brooke White (an American Idol finalist) and Nathan Pacheco (an amazing tenor who is touring with Yanni). Steve Young was supposed to be there but his wife just had a baby and he stayed with her. He just sent money (acceptable substitute).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Anasazi Foundation is an amazing group. They helped us so much with one of our older daughters. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go. I'm also glad to hear that they are still in operation.