It's finally looking like December around here. The snow is falling and is supposed to continue for about the next week. We're enjoying the snow, but we're a little on edge about Dwayne being out there and driving in it. 
I thought I'd share some good news. Every year at our company Christmas party, they announce the Spirit of Heritage award winners. These are essentially the employees of the year and they receive a trophy and some cash. Emerson got this award about four or five years ago (much deserved). As involved as I am in so many projects at Heritage, I was sure over the past couple of years that I would get it. One of my coworkers even let me know she nominated me two years ago. Since I take things so terribly personally, I was crushed each year as I was passed over. The HR Director tried to make me feel better by telling me it was virtually impossible for me to receive the award since it would look like the executives were playing favorites. Unless people from many different departments nominated me, I was doomed to being recognized only within my department. I helped type up this year's awards and knew who was on the final list, only to have them surprise me and announce my name at the dinner. I won!! I have an amazing boss who always lets me know I'm doing a great job and that I'm appreciated, but it was so wonderful for him to tell the rest of the campus. I'm having a tough time facing my boss now without getting emotional (I'm such a cry-baby). The money will help me get closer to getting caught up on the money I'm paying to chaperon Dexter's choir trip to New York and I'm trying to figure out the best place to put my trophy.

I thought I'd share some good news. Every year at our company Christmas party, they announce the Spirit of Heritage award winners. These are essentially the employees of the year and they receive a trophy and some cash. Emerson got this award about four or five years ago (much deserved). As involved as I am in so many projects at Heritage, I was sure over the past couple of years that I would get it. One of my coworkers even let me know she nominated me two years ago. Since I take things so terribly personally, I was crushed each year as I was passed over. The HR Director tried to make me feel better by telling me it was virtually impossible for me to receive the award since it would look like the executives were playing favorites. Unless people from many different departments nominated me, I was doomed to being recognized only within my department. I helped type up this year's awards and knew who was on the final list, only to have them surprise me and announce my name at the dinner. I won!! I have an amazing boss who always lets me know I'm doing a great job and that I'm appreciated, but it was so wonderful for him to tell the rest of the campus. I'm having a tough time facing my boss now without getting emotional (I'm such a cry-baby). The money will help me get closer to getting caught up on the money I'm paying to chaperon Dexter's choir trip to New York and I'm trying to figure out the best place to put my trophy.
No comments:
Post a Comment