Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Graduation Fills the Schedule


I forgot how busy the schedule could be for a high school senior who is graduating. Yes, Dexter is going to graduate! This week and next week have all sorts of activities - drama banquet, night of one-acts, Indian Education program senior dinner, senior awards night, commencement (graduation), and the all night senior party.  At least we're not having to fit in the final Chamber Singers concert and the choir awards picnic this year.  I'm still working on Dexter's graduation invitations/announcements, but I figure I better get the word out.  Graduation is Thursday, May 27, at 7:00 pm in the events center at Utah Valley University.  Not sure yet what we will be doing to celebrate as a family since funds and number of people haven't been determined.  Our friends, the Cranks, also have a son graduating and they have invited us and all family to attend their barbecue on May 28 at 6 pm.  Dexter has been accepted into the College of Eastern Utah as a theater major and hopes to begin in the Fall (if he can get a job this summer to pay for it). He really wants a driver's license, a car, and a really good new backpack for school.

No comments: