Having July 4th land on a Sunday is always a weird thing in Utah. Pretty much nothing was going on today and even the places that would normally be open on a Sunday were closed for the holiday. Some of the Independence Day festivities were held yesterday and the rest will be tomorrow. I'm not saying that I mind, it's just that it can take some getting used to.

Emery, Brenda, and kids came up for the holiday. Dwayne decided to do a backyard cookout tonight and we invited Emery and his family as well as Gene and his family to join us. Dwayne enlisted Dexter's help in cooking and they made gigantic hamburger patty, topped with cheese slices, and then wrapped in bacon strips woven together into a sheet. Guaranteed to stop your heart, these real life Baconators were the hit of the dinner. Dwayne made sure I took a picture of him with his creation before cooking it. Dexter was pretty pleased with the results, too. In fact, I felt it was necessary to take a picture of him taking a picture of the resulting bacon burger. He had a pretty busy weekend already and this was his only day off. Dexter has started selling Cutco knives and he has been doing product demonstrations with friends and family in order to practice. It doesn't hurt to make some sales to sympathetic people along the way either. He's actually a really natural salesman (which I credit to his acting abilities) and has made some sales in his first two days. None of this would be possible without the lovely Emily who has been his main mode of transportation as well as his beautiful assistant.

No comments:
Post a Comment