Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Pulling Back
Emerson says that Etsy has become my new "crack" after giving up all my Facebook games. That was more or less true. I sent a lot of hours monitoring Etsy's Alchemy area and bidding on any job I thought I could do. I bargained with people to do design things for them and would accept whatever they would offer in payment from cash to items in their shop. The items I received in trade are sitting in my office and I will contribute them to our fundraising auction in October to raise scholarship money. Some of these people were pretty demanding for paying only $5 for a logo design. The family was getting pretty frustrated with all the hours I was putting into it and I really was only making a few dollars here and there. Now I've decided to pull back some and stop bidding for awhile. I'm finishing up some more tatted items and Emerson has more beaded items listed. We'll just let the shop do it's thing for awhile. Besides, Gambit is going stir crazy while his stitches heal and somebody has to entertain him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment