Monday, July 26, 2010

Relaxing Weekend

For those of us in Utah, it was a holiday weekend (Pioneer Day).  I welcomed the extra day off even though it was scorching hot.  Emerson and I have very different ideas of how to spend our weekends and time off.  He likes to have actual plans of things to do, even if it's just wandering around stores and malls.  I don't mind doing some of that, especially when I need to feel a little air conditioning, but my preference is to hang out at home and relax.  I may clean a little, organize a little, work on random projects, play with the dogs, do some gardening, read a little, write a little, and so on.  I can tell this drives Emerson crazy because he'll start pacing the house and looking for things to do.  Even though I am totally fine with him running off by himself, I guess it's just not very fun for him to run around alone.  Me, I could wander almost any store for hours all by myself.  Fortunately, Emerson and Dwayne went fishing a couple of times over the weekend and they had a really good time.  I got to hang out and do all the odds and ends.  I even created a new tatted necklace (for details, see my Etsy Madness blog).

The family update for this week:  Dwayne started his new job at Teleperformance and seems to be doing well.  Dexter reports to also be doing well despite misplacing his Cutco shears (scissors).  Emerson is still losing weight and may be the skinniest he's been since I've known him.  I'm trying to do more exercising and push through the weird popping, cracking, and pain going on in my foot (I've been told this is normal).  The dogs are getting used to sleeping in their pen outside again.  The brakes on the car (and the rotors) had to suddenly be replaced - bummer!  The truck is holding up despite all the miles Emerson has put on it for work.  Our mechanic is still looking for a used engine for it that's affordable and in decent shape.

No comments: