In case you didn't know, my Aunt Twyla had a personal experience last year that prompted her to do something about the temple work for my dad (her brother). This was a remarkable thing since he had been the source of a lot of pain for her. Dad had been excommunicated from the LDS church when I was in middle school. For those who aren't LDS/Mormon, see this article about temple work for an explanation. Being excommunicated removed his baptism and temple endowment ordinances. When he passed away last year, I wondered if it would ever be possible to restore those ordinances so he could be sealed to his parents and possible have our family sealed together as well. I turned to my Aunt Twyla for guidance and she checked into it. It took a lot of work for her to gather the necessary information about Dad and I had to write a letter about his intentions and state of mind at the time of his death as well as his remorse for the things he had done in his life. Everything was sent to the church offices and we've been waiting for an answer. Today that answer came. Here is the letter I received (mine was a copy addressed to President Buxton, Twyla's stake president):
The First Presidency has asked that the Temple Department respond to your letter on behalf of Sister Twyla Heath, requesting readmission and restoration of temple blessings for her deceased brother, William Lea George. Approval has been given for vicarious temple ordinances to be completed for Brother George. We are pleased that this will allow the ordinances to be made available to him. The First Presidency has directed that the readmission by baptism and restoration of temple blessings be performed in the Salt Lake Temple by members of the temple presidency. When these ordinances have been completed and recorded, within a few months, we will notify you by mail. Please give this letter to Sister Heath for her records. Thank you for assisting Sister Heath's family in this matter.
1 comment:
The gift of the Atonment is amazing...I am speechless and in awe of this wonderful blessing. I am such a boob.
Post a Comment