Yesterday was our 22 year wedding anniversary. I had to work, but not for long. With all the stuff I did this week, I only needed to put in a few hours. That left me free to run off with Emerson and have some fun. We went to a place in Salt Lake City called Advance Display. We saw a cool display form that a vendor was using at Craft Lake City last weekend and this is the place she got it from. Photographing items for our shop has been difficult without having some sort of model to use. Consistency in the photos is also good. This store has all kinds of display stuff and was really awesome to check out. After that, we headed over to the Cheesecake Factory for our celebratory meal. We had fish and chips and then had our cheesecake. No matter how hard I try, I always end up choosing the Godiva chocolate cheesecake. Emerson had the banana cream (that's his favorite pie as well). Thoroughly stuffed, we headed to the mall to walk around some and then stopped by Ikea on our way home. How did we make it through 22 years of marriage? I honestly don't know. Part of me still expects him to run screaming from the house some day once my craziness gets to be too much for him. We have definitely had our down moments and struggles. The fact that we're willing to continue to keep trying is probably why we haven't called it quits. Things are so much easier now than when we started. We know how to help and comfort each other so much better now. I don't have to tell Emerson when I'm upset, frustrated, or troubled...he just knows. He knows how to calm me and reassure me. It's pretty amazing!


1 comment:
Congratulations! Just 3 more until 1/4 century!
Post a Comment