The photo on the left shows Dexter all made up for his Kabuki style performance of a scene from Shakespeare's "Richard III" which garnered superior ratings at the state drama festival.People keep asking what Dexter's plans are now that he has graduated high school. He has been accepted at the College of Eastern Utah in Price, Utah, and has registered for Fall 2010 classes. The plan (so far) is to take one year of classes and then he would like to serve an LDS mission. He is majoring in theater and hopes to eventually minor in sports medicine. It will probably come as no surprise that his girlfriend is attending the same college...
For the moment, both of our boys are desperately seeking employment. Dexter will not be able to attend college unless he finds the funding to do so. His decision to pursue college, financial aid, etc. didn't get communicated to me until some very important deadlines had already passed, so loans are the only aid being offered at this time. Dwayne has been selling his Magic the Gathering cards on Ebay to pay for his car insurance and preserve his transportation capabilities. The job situation around here actually seems to be getting worse with job openings limited and competition quite fierce. I wish the best to my boys and say grateful prayers that I still have my job.
2 comments:
I didn't talk to you too late. At all. I applied for things, and i didn't get them. The only thing time restrictive were the things i applied for. I didn't do anything wrong. Loans are because i'm at a 2.9 instead of 3.0.
My dear child....your intent was not communicated to me until later in the process. You have been mostly working with Emily. I didn't say you did anything wrong, just that deadlines were missed. And you'll always be a 10 to me...
Post a Comment