Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Ups and Downs, It All Comes Around
Emerson received his level 2 teaching license, but he's still waiting for his special education endorsement. Dexter got a job....selling Cutco knives. He promises he's still going to look for other jobs. Dwayne worked for one day at a temp job and may have a few more days coming up. The number of job listings out there have decreased significantly in the last two weeks, but the boys are chasing down leads. Heritage's participation in the Rotary Club's golf tournament went well despite the troubled economy. I was surprised to receive a lot of praise from those I worked with on the tournament committee. We're gearing up now for the Scholarship Gala that Heritage is having in October. My cucumber starts got eaten by something, but other things are growing and I even have a raspberry that is turning redder by the day. Emerson claims that Etsy is my new addiction, my "crack," because of the time I am spending on there. I've been fortunate in getting a few design jobs here and there and I'm determined to get this business going. I've tried to help other people on Etsy and it seems to come back one way or another. See my Etsy Madness blog for more on that. Some of the positive things have been small, but I'm just glad they're happening. I have some amazing friends who are there for me when I need them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Snails probably ate your cucumbers. They eat some of ours every year. You can get snail killer, that's what we did. Also, a paper plate full of beer will do the trick, hahaha.
Amber, you're probably right. I've found snails in the garden in past years. They're just sneakier this time.
Post a Comment