Sunday, June 20, 2010
Just the Right Medicine
It's no secret that I love powwows. There is no place I would rather be. The drumming, the singing, the dancing - it brings me peace and makes me happy. There is an amazing sense of community at powwows and people really take care of each other. With everything we've been dealing with lately, I just knew I needed to go to the Heber Valley Powwow this weekend. Emerson's paycheck hadn't come in yet, so we had to carefully consider our options. Emerson and I decided to go today since we could get the most for our admission fee. We sat with our friends, the Cranks, and caught up with other friends-Johnny and Carol, Tilda, Charlotte, Winston, and so many others. Emerson spent most of his time hanging out with Johnny at his Navajo taco stand. I hung out with Angela and her kids and then with Tilda and her kids. We talked about how much we miss "the good old days" when the kids were little and we all camped out together at the powwows. The music, the dancing, and the friends had me in good spirits in no time. If only life could be one long powwow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment