Once I survived last week's events, it was time to run away and stop trying to balance things that can't be balanced. As bad as it was to have Emerson lose his job, it was absolutely surreal to try to go on with one of the craziest weeks at work and act like the play and the parent conference are so wonderful when you're having to deal with the very people who decided to ruin your family's well-being.
The weirdest memorable event of the trip was returning to our hotel room on the second day and finding ourselves locked out. I trekked back from the 12th floor down to the front desk and was told a security guard would meet us at the room to see what was wrong. I went back to the 12th floor and the security guard came up to tell me I needed to talk to someone at the front desk about a problem. Upon returning to the front desk, I was informed that a room was occupied that wasn't supposed to be and there had been a mixup on which room number to lock out. We were issued new key cards and told security would once again meet us at our room. After another trip to the 12th floor, the security guard let us into our room. That's when we noticed that housekeeping had skipped our room during all of this. That seemed weird since they were hovering outside our door when we left in the morning. I called guest services and asked for the room to be cleaned. The lady who answered seemed shocked that I wanted the room to be cleaned right then.
Alas, the time came to return home. I had gone from suffering with allergies to some sort of cold. The weather had definitely turned chilly at home. Fortunately, I had the rest of the week off to recuperate...
No comments:
Post a Comment